Sacramento Association of REALTORS®
The Sacramento Association of REALTORS® (SAR) provides this policy to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of our members and to make you aware of the uses made of your member information by SAR.
- Confidential: In general, all member information provided to SAR by their members is treated as confidential and SAR uses their best efforts to keep such information confidential and prevent unauthorized use. Except for the limited situations described in this policy, SAR will not use your member information for any purpose without your consent. In addition, we do not provide any information pertaining to: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or information concerning the sexual orientation or marital status of any individual.
- Member Requests: You may contact SAR and make requests. In order to respond to your request, we may need to access and use your member information. For example, we may need to access your preferred mailing address to send you the information you requested.
- Names of Directors and Committee Members; Use of Business Contact Information: For use by SAR members and for purposes of conducting SAR Board of Directors meetings, we make available on our web site and in other print and electronic formats the names of those members serving as directors or committee members of SAR. In addition, in order to provide meeting related information and to send official notices, we access and use the business contact information of SAR directors and committee members, including email and business mailing addresses.
- Request from the Public: If the public contacts SAR and requests information regarding one of our members, we may check our member database and verify to the public whether the person(s) is in fact a member of SAR. We may also provide the public with the name and telephone number of the firm with whom the member is affiliated. However, in no event will we provide personal information to the public unless required by a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process or in case of imminent physical harm to the public or other members.
- Orders/Credit Card Information: SAR sells various real estate related products and services to its members. In order to process and complete orders, we may need to access your member information. This information will only be used to process your order. If you pay for your products or services by credit card, we will need to ask you for your credit card number and expiration date, which is used solely to complete your order and otherwise kept confidential.
- Choice/Opting Out: SAR recognizes the importance of your privacy. If you do not want your member information displayed or used in one or more of the manners described above, please follow these procedures. To opt out of having your name and business contact information included in the Membership Directory, please email us at:
or write us at: 2003 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825, Attn: Member Services - Online Information. Please be sure to specify that you want to be removed from the Membership Directory Online. To insure your request is processed in a timely manner, please provide your name, address, email address, phone number and broker's name. It may take up to (6) six weeks for SAR to process your request. Your name may be reproduced in the Membership Directory during this time period. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
To opt out of having your business contact information provided to third parties, please email us at:
or write us at: 2003 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825, Attn: Member Services - Third Party Opt Out. To insure your request is processed in a timely manner, please provide your name, address, email address, phone number and broker's name. It may take up to (6) six weeks for SAR to process your request . You may continue to receive third party communications during this time period. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are serving as a director or committee member of SAR you cannot opt out of having your name reproduced and your business contact information used in the manner described in Section 5 above.
- Corrections/Updates: If there is member information about you that SAR maintains which needs to be corrected or updated, please email us at:
or write us at: 2003 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95825, Attn: Member Services - Corrections.
Revised March, 2001