Real estate transactions require the cooperation and coordination of many professionals, including REALTORS® who represent the buyers and sellers, and affiliates who facilitate the process. The best REALTOR®-affiliate partnerships are based on mutual respect, open communication, and an understanding of one another's role.
Becoming an affiliate member is an excellent first-step in forming prosperous partnerships for a successful real estate career. Any individual or company engaged in a business related to the real estate profession, or serving the professional or educational needs of real estate practitioners, may apply for affiliate membership.
SAR has two types of affiliate memberships to meet your needs:
- Company affiliate – A Company membership includes one Primary Membership and up to four Secondary Memberships.
- Individual affiliate – A solitary applicant. Also suggested for affiliates in small or one-person offices.
Who is Not Eligible?
If you or any member of your company hold an active real estate broker's license issued by the State of California, and if such license is used in business for anything other than actions incidental to your business' main purpose, you or your company are ineligible for an affiliate membership.
- Company Recognition – Your company name and address are listed in the SAR Membership Directory, which is available on the SAR website
- Receive SAR updates – The company member-of-record will receive SAR correspondences (e.g. monthly newsletter, weekly e-mail messages and mailings)
- Participate in SAR Events – Company staff members can attend SAR events and meetings
- Marketing Opportunities – Your company can market its products and services by underwriting expenses related to SAR classes, meetings and special events
Note: Your membership will be terminated if you change employment to a company that is not a Company Affiliate.
- Individual and Company Recognition – Your name, company and contact information are listed in SAR's online membership roster. This enables SAR REALTOR® members and general website visitors to locate you quickly.
- Receive SAR updates – You will receive SAR correspondence (e.g. monthly newsletter, weekly e-mail messages and mailings) at your preferred location – work or home
- Participate in SAR Events – As an official member, you will receive personal invitations to events like the SAR President's Installation and Masters Club Luncheon and may attend all SAR meetings
- Receive member discounts – Take advantage of SAR member rates, available in our retail center and at SAR classes
- Group health benefits – You are entitled to discounted rates on group insurance programs (medical, dental, vision, accidental death and dismemberment)
For more information, see: